- Oversees and performs all routine/preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the community.
- Supervise maintenance personnel and handle budget planning as it relates to the overall maintenance of the property.
- Property Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to)
- Institute and manage system for effectively handling resident service requests.
- Perform, delegate, oversee and inspect all maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Develop specifications for grounds maintenance, snow plowing and cleaning done by staff and/or outside contractors.
- Organize maintenance areas, keeping inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings with staff.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, develop, supervise, discipline and terminate staff in order to achieve the overall operation goals of the property/apartment community.
- Handle budgeting, inventory and supply management.
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Monitor and maintain effective internal control over purchasing and other operational activities in compliance with best practices, policy & guidelines.
- Research, recommend and hire maintenance contractors and vendors and oversee their work.
- Previous experience that includes plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, locksmithing and staff supervision.
- Residential property management experience preferred.
- Ability to develop rapport with residents and staff.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills.